shadowblitz3

Help making oblique projection

shadowblitz3

need help in my final plate, make this figure into oblique view with the upper right part removed

IMG_20160720_174539.jpg

similar to this one

IMG_20160701_094116.jpg

ReMark

Does the assignment instructions actually use the word oblique? Personally, as regards the object (gear) you must draw, I don't see the benefit to creating an oblique view. In this situation I'd say an isometric view would be more preferable.

Edited by ReMark

shadowblitz3

well our instructor literally just said make a view of the object similar to that of the second figure's which I thought was in oblique view

ReMark

Since he said "similar" I might interpret that as being isometric. Who's to say? So, for example, you might have this...

ISO_GEAR1.JPG

Add a little hatching and you're done.

shadowblitz3

it should be in oblique/cavalier view apparently according to a classmate I asked

RobDraw

IMHO, that type of projection is obsolete in CAD. I would make sure you are understanding the assignment correctly by checking with your instructor before proceeding.

ReMark
it should be in oblique/cavalier view apparently according to a classmate I asked

Have you studied object orientations rules for the construction of oblique projection?

rkent
well our instructor literally just said make a view of the object similar to that of the second figure's which I thought was in oblique view

You are correct and you have a good example of what is wanted. What help are you actually needing? You draw the gear front view and then receding lines all at a common angle.

lrm

Make a front view drawing of the object then make a copy of it at and angle of 45° up to the right a distance of 0.75. Make another copy at an angle of 225° (45° down to the left) a distance of 1.37 (2.12-.75). Then edit as necessary.

oblique.JPG

ReMark

I think the OP has to create an oblique view of a gear.