Inventor Sheet Metal

mattador04

Inventor is not backwards compatible. Imagine trying to put a PS4 game in a PS2 and expecting it to play, not gonna happen. The stl file is a dumbed down solid that can be read by most 3d modeling programs. The files are 2016, only have access to 2015 not 2014, download a new student version to play around with. Watch the below videos, follow along pausing to complete the tasks they perform. Some sweet accents in there too.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mattador04

• kpyoung333

• gbradley

Those videos are cool. I have started watching one of them. My job has me tied up most of the time, but i want to learn how to do this properly, so i will watch more of the videos. For now, I'm following the steps you outlined in your initial response to my post. I defined a thickness of .1196 in the sheet metal defaults, and made the sketch. I must be missing something as we go from the second screen shot to the third screenshot, because I cannot 'go to folded part' as you show. What gives? See attached sheet metal .ipt

Practice Panel.ipt

Sketch the actual end shape desired with correct wall thickness at .1196, Extrude, then Flatten.

Try it another way. Set Sheet Metal Defaults. Draw a 3"xDepth" rectangle. Face. Flange select both edges @2".