Strange big size dimension line

khoshravan

In the attached drawing, one of the dimension lines is strangely bigger than others. I tried to use match properties or alter the text size in dimension properties, but neither worked. How can I correct it?

Untitled.jpg

Are the other dimensions the same dimension style. I see this one is labeled ISO-25. Are the dimensions annotative? That is probably not the issue since your view scale is 1:1. Usually when a dimension is the wrong size, it is because the user has failed to select a dimension style that was constructed to work with the current view scale.

Are the other dimensions the same dimension style. I see this one is labeled ISO-25. Are the dimensions annotative? That is probably not the issue since your view scale is 1:1. Usually when a dimension is the wrong size, it is because the user has failed to select a dimension style that was constructed to work with the current view scale.

Dear Dana

Thanks for your reply. All dimensions are in ISO-25. I don't know what is annotative.

I have changed the scale factor in the dimension style, because I had mistake and didn't want to redraw the object. I changed the scale, so that the dimensions become correct. I think this action has affected the outcome, but now returning the scale to previous figure doesn't solve the problem.

I just noticed that the dimension in question has a DIAMETER symbol in front of it, and the place it is applied would require a RADIUS instead.

Dear Dana

Thanks for your reply. All dimensions are in ISO-25. I don't know what is annotative.

I have changed the scale factor in the dimension style, because I had mistake and didn't want to redraw the object. I changed the scale, so that the dimensions become correct. I think this action has affected the outcome, but now returning the scale to previous figure doesn't solve the problem.

That is what caused the problem, and whatever you did after that made it worse.

I cannot tell you how to fix it because of the error in your drawing you went about correcting in a way that would get you a serious lecture at my office. Always, and I mean ALWAYS correct the model objects. The whole point of drafting is to produce accurate, and to scale drawings on the final drawing output.

There must have been a mistake made when you tried to correct the scale factor, and I don't know what you may have done. Also please use the correct wording. Scale and scale factor are two different things.

After correcting the scale factor, try selecting the huge dimension, then clicking on ISO-25 in the dimension style drop-down list. A lot of the time, dimension style changes are not reflected on the screen right away and they need a little prodding to show up.

I think the only way out of this is to correct the object geometry in modelspace, and re-build the dimension style to its original specifications, then re-apply the dimensions.