PAWEL17

cleaning IFC links in Revit

Hello,

I am an MEP drafter, and this is the first time I am working with a Linked IFC file in Revit (16), The Architect has modelled their building in Rhino, and have exported it in IFC, after changing from SAT exports (due to problems with importing to revit)

My Question is, after I have linked the IFC model, is there a way to clean all those unnecessary models lines, highlighted in Yellow (in picture below), so we can see the Floors and Walls/windows more clearly??

reviot ifc.jpg

The link converted ifc to _ifc.rvt in the same folder. Open this .rvt a delete these elements..

The link converted ifc to _ifc.rvt in the same folder. Open this .rvt a delete these elements..

Yeah, I tried this, But they show up as slabs and walls, and i Can't physically delete them without deleting the wall.

I have found out that they are edges, and that I can only hide them by using shaded edges, and unticking "show edges" in model display,

Unfortunately this is not what I'm after, I still want to show wall outlines without those pesky lines

If those lines are associated with the Floor category, hiding the Floor would be a "good enough" fix probably.

I am hoping for something more, but it is a good work around for now, cheers