Blacked viewports sometimes

rgarjr

At least it "returns to normal".

You're computer specs are borderline for RAM. Not sure if that is part of the problem. Are you working in 2D or 3D? How many viewports do you have showing?

So it could be any dialog at any time that causes this? Not any particular dialog while you're performing a specific action? Or only on large complex files? Or only when you have other applications open?

It could just be your video card. The 1600 series ATI cards are commonly referred to as "budget" cards. The X1650 is the best of ATI's low end cards, but you should probably look into upgrading.

That's really the only thing that I can think of. I've never experienced a problem like this?

Yah its always been like that and I have the latest service packs. Having a dialog box opened and moving it above a vp will do it, also when changing from wire to shaded.

Its no biggie though since it goes right back to normal right away after panning.

Well it turns out, its because I'm running dual monitors and had Max on the right side one. Having it on the left (primary) does not do it. .