Polyline stationing (specific)

Kevin Malone

Hello,

I'm working on a project that requires a lot of specific polyline stationing. I'm using Map 3D 2008 with modules for Surveying/Planning adjusted for standards in my country, and among all tools I have one for stationing polyline. It works in these steps:

- select polyline

- starting station (example: 0+000.00)

- starting station number (integer value as sufix for labeling stations, example: PR 1, PR 2....)

- distance between profiles

Result of this can be seen in attached file STATIONIG.dwg, but basicaly I get profile on defined distances and on every vertex.

What I need for current project is to label first point, last point and possibly one or two more on click. Example is in attached file SPEC_STATIONING.dwg

As you can conclude I can get desired result by stationing polyline with current tools and then deleting excessive stations. However, I have nearly 850 short (up to 150-200 m) polylines, so deleting them would consume big chunk of time. I have found couple lisps for stationing poyline, but none of them fits. Honestly I thought there has to be some lisp to deal this with great detail since this is common operation in planing. I know C3D does this perfectly, but sometimes you need quick solution, not have to deal with alignments and other elements.

Stationing line has the following elements (picture below):

1) polyline to be stationed

2) starting station (in meters)

3) station distance format (0+00.00, 0+000.00 ...)

4) station label (prefix, sufix and starting number)

5) left and right line (length)

* Items 3,4(prefix and suffix, not starting number) and 5 could be hardcoded, since they would always be the same in every country.

STATIONING_ELEMENTS.png

Note: angle of stationig line and text should be:

- perpendicular to polyline start/end segment on first and and last polyline point

- perpendicular to polyline if station is drawn on segment (not vertex)

- half of exterior/interior angle on every other vertex

STATIONING_ANGLES.png

I believe this lisp would be useful to a lot of people in surveying/planning.

STATIONING.dwg

SPEC_STATIONING.dwg