Quick user feedback buttons

rkmcswain

I realize this may seem petty or silly, but hear me out.

First off, is this configurable (without add-ons or hacks)?

Op53A7N.png

It seems a little subdued, perhaps not noticed by users and I think it can be a good way to say "Thanks"/"Like" or "Dislike" in lieu of making a post with only a word or two. 

Perhaps like Reddit or YouTube, two choices would be enough, "Like" or "Dislike"? Something like this?

TxtX9J4.png

Just a thought. If that widget isn't configurable internal to the forum, then I'm sure we'll all agree to leave it alone for the sake of speed and simplicity.

• Like 1

So, this is called "reactions" and the purpose is exactly as you have described. Currently the options are like this:

reactions.png.25485a455e7d9e8bac9017f5128343a8.png

From right to left we have:
Like = +1 reputation point
Thanks = +1
Ha Ha = +1
Confused = 0
Sad = 0
Dislike = -1

The general look and functionality of the widget isn't easily configurable but we have total control over what reactions are included and what the point scores are.

On reflection, I don't see a real need for "Sad" but all the others feel relevant to this forum (particularly "Confused" :D ).

As this is an entirely new featutre for us, I'd quite like to see how it goes before making any significant changes (other than removing "Sad"). I've seen it working on other forums and members seem to like the added variety that this gives over just like/dislike.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rkmcswain said:

It seems a little subdued, perhaps not noticed by users

It is relatively low-key but I think most people will tend to wave a mouse cursor over it and then see what it does.

I guess once people get used to it and realize what it is and what it's for, they will start using it, but right now I don't really see it happening. I've been pretty active the last few days, helping out where I can, but my rep count doesn't show it. People say thank you but don't click the button.

• Thanks 3

On 8/23/2018 at 11:31 AM, CADTutor said:

So, this is called "reactions" and the purpose is exactly as you have described. Currently the options are like this:

reactions.png.25485a455e7d9e8bac9017f5128343a8.png

From right to left we have:
Like = +1 reputation point
Thanks = +1
Ha Ha = +1
Confused = 0
Sad = 0
Dislike = -1

The general look and functionality of the widget isn't easily configurable but we have total control over what reactions are included and what the point scores are.

On reflection, I don't see a real need for "Sad" but all the others feel relevant to this forum (particularly "Confused" :D ).

As this is an entirely new featutre for us, I'd quite like to see how it goes before making any significant changes (other than removing "Sad"). I've seen it working on other forums and members seem to like the added variety that this gives over just like/dislike.

That's pretty awesome actually.  Not even Facebook has a Dislike button.  One can only unlike a post there.😀

• Funny 2