Jump to content
samifox

protecting dynamic blocks

Recommended Posts

samifox

Hi

i want to develop commercial dynamic blocks, 

is there a way to protect them against piracy?

 

Thanks

S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rkmcswain

On the technical side? No.

 

On the legal side? Perhaps a contract that forbids the sharing of drawings that contain said blocks with others? But that pretty much restricts the ability for an entity to share drawings, within the terms of that contract. So it would either get violated, or your customer would just not agree to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samifox

it should be a thought, 

we spend lots of time and afford designing dynamic blocks while others can enjoy them for free.

why Autodesk can't do those blocks dynamic only if the author allows it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maratovich
40 minutes ago, samifox said:

it should be a thought, 

we spend lots of time and afford designing dynamic blocks while others can enjoy them for free.

why Autodesk can't do those blocks dynamic only if the author allows it?

 

File protection - only viewing and printing, it is possible when using special protection.
Block protection ..... block inside the file .... this is a standard drawing object ... it's just so impossible.
It is necessary to create new primitives, from other users they will be a proxy. You will need to use Enambler, you can sell it ....
It's all theoretically ...
The idea is paid :)

Edited by maratovich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samifox

Everything is possible. In etransmit dialog add a check mark "disable dynamic blocks" . So the end user will get the same blocks but static. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maratovich
15 minutes ago, samifox said:

Everything is possible. In etransmit dialog add a check mark "disable dynamic blocks" . So the end user will get the same blocks but static. 

In my entire life, I have not seen a man who used etransmit.
Met a couple of times on the forum.
Usually send one separate file.
Consider this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samifox

It's impossible not to use etransmit in this age where we use so many references.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aftertouch

I prefer to create 'BINDED' files instead of E-Transmit..

Most customers just dont understand E-Transmits....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlanorh

The only sure fire way to protect dynamic blocks is to exploded them, which kind of defeats the reason for dynamic block. If you sell them, there is no way of controlling what the client does with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hanhphuc
On 9/19/2018 at 8:39 PM, dlanorh said:

The only sure fire way to protect dynamic blocks is to exploded them, which kind of defeats the reason for dynamic block. If you sell them, there is no way of controlling what the client does with them.

 

$0.02 another suggestion without exploding

1. without coding - SaveAs lower version < 2006 or dxf

2. with code - activeX method - renaming or anonymous

(vla-converttostaticblock blk "bname")

(vla-converttoanonymousblock blk)

then purge :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobDraw

You simply cannot prevent piracy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×