Using LISP to generate a delta symbol in Excel

DavidGraham

I'm using a LISP routine to get some data from a drawing. I'm then writing the data to an Excel spreadsheet.

One of the fields should contain 'delta' with delta being the Greek letter in the shape of a triangle.

I found some code that will do this but it doesn't appear to work - the cell contains '\U+0647' rather than the required symbol.

The example below is for '?', once I get that to work I will change it for Delta  -  '\U+0184'.  

(setq delta (MT:Conv:Unichar->Char "\\U+0647"))    -- returns -->    "?"

(defun MT:Conv:Unichar->Char  
      (%unichar% / *ret*)
(command "_.TEXT" '(0 0) "0.3" "0" %unichar%)
(setq *ret* (cdr (assoc 1 (entget (entlast)))))
(entdel (entlast))
*ret*
)

Hmm hold in excel pick a cell hold the Alt key down and type 0174 a ® should appear. Did you google excel and extended character set ? May give some clues of how to replicate keyboard typing with a text string.

If you use mtext or text and do hold Alt down then type 0178 you will get squared 2.

(setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (car (entsel "\nPick "))))

(setq ans (vla-get-textstring obj))

Try passing ans to a cell. I just copied from Autocad a ® to clipboard then pasted in excel and ® appeared.

Thanks,

I found that typing =UNICHAR(916) into an Ecvel cell gave the Delta symbol, therefore using the following LISP code it gave a delta symbol in cell B2. 

(setq cel (vlax-get-property sht 'Range "B2"))
 (vlax-put cel 'Value "=UNICHAR(916)")