Help Modifying a Lisp To Scale Dynamic Block

Jim Clayton

Hello.  So I have two attachments (hopefully).  First one is a dynamic block of a Mark Bubble (balloon), whatever you want to call it.  The second is a Lisp to Scale Blocks in Place.  I'm trying to scale the Mark Bubble from the tip of the arrow.  Currently the base point on the block is located at the bottom quadrant of the circle, and that's where it's scaling from.  I thought if I relocated this to the tip of the arrow it would do the trick.  the problem is that doing that inserts a new visible grip off to the side of the bubble.  That's no good.  Does anyone know of a way to solve this?  Thanks for the help.

Mark Bubble.dwg

ScaleBlocksInPlace.lsp

Complicated. It should be possible using the polar stretch distance and angle plus the current block scale; to calculate the position of the arrowhead and use that to scale the block. This would only work for the default visibility state however. It would be better for both if the insertion point was the center of the circle.

Well initially I had posed the question of how to go about scaling blocks in place at their base point.  Someone provided me with the Lisp from the first entry.  I realized that the base point for this block wasn't at the tip of the arrow where I thought it was, and tried relocating it.  That was ineffective.  So now my thought is, if moving the base point won't work, maybe changing the Lisp will work.  But I don't know if that's the correct route and if so, what would I change?  Thoughts?  Tks.

Is it possible to scale from one of the polar points?  The problem with the attached is that it sends everything scattering away from it's intended location.  Not a big deal with one bubble but EXTREMELY time consuming with many bubbles on big drawings.

I think I may need to provide an example to clarify everything, so I'll do that tomorrow morning when I'm back in front of my PC.  Seems like my words might be getting in the way of things. Pictures! That's what we need! Standby. Tks.

Well one of the reasons for the Dynamic Block is so that I can have it with or without the leader...example Mk.3 & 4.

1 hour ago, Jim Clayton said:

Well one of the reasons for the Dynamic Block is so that I can have it with or without the leader...example Mk.3 & 4.

You can do the same with a mleader style ( right click add/remove leader ) .. also your example '7' would be one object.

image.png.162c28e946661c51383ecafd7e78a733.png

You're beginning to back me into a corner here with your logic.  I will concede that your method is effective and achieves ultimately the same outcome, with only minor differences... that being said I'm OCD as hell.  Just draw a line from the top quadrant of bubble 6 across to 1 and you'll see the insanity.  Everything has to be perfectly straight up and across or it makes my skin crawl.  The arrow size alone, a solvable dilemma, would lead to some sort of workplace incident; venting frustration on the nearest keyboard.  So yes, while I think your solution is effective, I feel that my own neuroticism would prevent me from ever being able to effectively employ it.  Anything else in your bag of tricks? (assuming everyone hasn't run off after that) Thanks for the help.

9 hours ago, Jim Clayton said:

You're beginning to back me into a corner here with your logic.  I will concede that your method is effective and achieves ultimately the same outcome, with only minor differences... that being said I'm OCD as hell.  Just draw a line from the top quadrant of bubble 6 across to 1 and you'll see the insanity.  Everything has to be perfectly straight up and across or it makes my skin crawl.  The arrow size alone, a solvable dilemma, would lead to some sort of workplace incident; venting frustration on the nearest keyboard.  So yes, while I think your solution is effective, I feel that my own neuroticism would prevent me from ever being able to effectively employ it.  Anything else in your bag of tricks? (assuming everyone hasn't run off after that) Thanks for the help.

Hahaha :) ... wouldn't you want your arrow sizes to scale up or down based on your plot scale? If you're really that OCD, then maybe mleaders with MLEADERALIGN will sway you towards the light. 😜

2018-10-02_7-20-28.gif

10 minutes ago, Jim Clayton said:

Interesting...very interesting.  Let me mess around with this a bit.  Thanks for the help.

You're welcome :)

In case you're interested, I just came across this lisp.  Matches Properties (scale included) of dynamic blocks.  Equally as effective.  If I can figure out a way to include "Match QLeader" in there then I'm going to start running out of things to complain about...temporarily at least.

MatchScale.lsp