Poor quality cut and paste

chubarka

Most times I prefer to include a 3-D view of a model made in Solidworks on the same page as a 2-D print made in AutoCAD. 

I find that it is desired by most clients as some Tool & Die Makers, are not as adept at reading a 2-D print as others.

While my AutoCAD software is still running, I invoke Solidworks and using Edit, I select the 3-D view that I want and

I cut and paste it into the AutoCAD drawing that is viewed.  For some reason I get real lousy quality of the 3-D model.

I don't have a clue what I could be doing wrong. It is almost as if I should be saving the 3-D model at a higher resolution,

If anyone here has had this issue, and a solution, I would be grateful if it were shared with me.

Chubarka 

You will probably have much better results if you convert it to a png or jpg file first, then xref it into AutoCad with the IMAGEATTACH command. 

Even a quicky screen print pasted into MS Paint, or any other image editor, cropped and then saved as a png file would be good quality, and it will save rendering. Of course, this depends on the quality of the image SolidWorks is displaying at the time, so if it looks good, it saves good.   

Screen prints pasted to MS Paint retain the actual size and resolution of the monitor display they came from.  

It's better to scale attached mages down than up in AutoCad, or not scale them at all. 

Use a white background  before hitting the PrtScn button if you want your object to simply float borderless on the paper in AutoCad.

Don't forget that AutoCad prints images as rasters so there will be fuzzy lines at a high zoom factor.

• 2 months later...