3D Dynamic Block Rotation Parameters Problem

DawnZ

I have drawn a reaction arm with 2 arms that pivot.  I used the rotation parameter and rotation action.  I closed the BE and tried rotating the arms which worked great.  However, the 2 arms are now separated and I don't know why or how to fix it.

image.png.7bd116c8c6c614c86ef28b62cd7f60bf.png

Yes I am using AutoCAD Architecture 2017 and I have 2 arms that need to pivot.  However, when I rotate the arms the 2 arms separate.

What I am thinking about is.... two actions such as move and rotate, or two separate rotate actions, etc.

In those cases, you have to make sure to include the parameters of the first action in the selection set of the items to react to the second action.

Any chance you can upload a drawing that contains this block?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong so maybe I can step through what I'm doing.  I apply the rotate parameter and the action to rotate for each arm.

image.png.309adb64a8d5ee9edfe205ed524ca9e6.png

I can rotate the shorter arm.

image.png.b8f27e9a4af342616bf7fcd2f13b0ec0.png

Then I rotate the longer arm and everything looks good.

image.png.6deb67a1ab6c77593a790d47befae652.png

But then I rotate the short arm again and they separate.

image.png.7986946d88069207c4bc2eee2db53a66.png

That was the problem.  I purged and it's much smaller.  Thank you!  However, in researching this issue I have found that 3D blocks are tricky when it comes to making them dynamic. I've read that you need to be in top view to add the parameters but it tells me that it is an invalid 2D point.  I was able to get the first parameter in but it's not in the location I need it.  I've scoured the internet and YouTube but I just can't find any instructions for making dynamic blocks with 3D objects.  Hopefully you or someone can help.

Sta70 Reaction Arm.dwg