Replicating a UCS from the working Base

I have a working base drawing with a created UCS that rotates and re-locates the drawing to a convenient position.

However, when I import this as an X-Ref it just reverts to "world" and doesn't import the original, created UCS.

How do I replicate the original UCS when I import the working base as an X-Ref ?

If you have access to the original file, that is, you can make changes to it, draw X and Y axes in an out-of-the-way place using the desired UCS. Once you bring it into the working drawing, use the UCS command with the 3 (point) option. Specify the origin, a point on the X axis, and a point on the Y axis, and you have your coordinates. Of course, if the drawing already has orthogonal lines, you can use those. This option doesn't help if you want to keep your UCS.

Another option is to use the Align command to get the xref into the proper place. You'll need at least two points in each drawing that correspond to each other, so this one may not be feasible.

As far as I know, there is no way to insert an Xref at a desired angle unless you already know the angle. In other words, you have to know the answer before you ask the question.

I tried getting ucs info for a saved UCs but like lots of stuff have to know correct term to get its properties. A way around may be to pick a point in your xref then draw a line horizontal say 10 units long. Using Trans in lisp you can get the two end points in real and xref co-ord system save these say to a dummy file open your master dwg  recreate the 3d line at world co-ordinates use UCS OB L and hopefully it will be the same UCS as the xref. Then insert XREF. 

Edited by BIGAL

Lost patience and in the end just manipulated the existing drawing to what I needed it to be.

Used known reference points so at least if I need to repeat for a revised working base then it should be simple enough to re-insert accurately.