Change Arrow Head from command prompt?

ILoveMadoka

I have an existing drawing where someone has manually changed "some" of the leaders/mleaders from the default arrowheads to Dot Small.

Currently, I select the leader in question and change the Arrow to Dot and also change the arrow size.

image.png.cd0e2189b7bf2b2a765ebc4d42e8b6aa.png

Can these two things be changed from the command line?

I only want the item selected to be changed.

For maybe a script or very simple lisp routine?

I'd prefer to NOT create a new style unless that is the ONLY way it can be done.

Edited by ILoveMadoka

There are two system variables which govern these.  DIMBLK which stores the arrow head block and DIMASZ which stores the arrow size. If you alter these, then the dimensions drawn after have the new shapes and sizes, so I don't think you can change your existing from the command line.

You obviously are changing these in the Properties window, but want a single click solution - probably a lisp routine, although by the time you activated the lisp and clicked on the leaders, you could have done it faster in the Properties window!

If it's a matter of overriding someone's changes, you can select all of the affected leaders, change the style, and change it back. That will reset them all to the default settings for that style.

If there are other changes you want to preserve, it gets a bit trickier. One method is to put them all on their own layer, select them all, and redefine the arrow/size all at once. Finally, of course, put them all back on their original layer.

If the goal is to have a function you can use anywhere, you can use whatever language you're comfortable with, including AutoLISP, VBA, or C#. For instance, AutoLISP has the getpropertyvalue and setpropertyvalue functions, which read or write the type of information you're interested in. Someone who's a decent programmer (not me) may volunteer to write this function for you.