Hatch not printing properly

masterfal

Hi Yall,

Got this strange issue where when i'm printing dot hatch pattern, it doesn't seem to print out, even though it shows up fine in plot preview.

If i export to pdf and print, the hatch looks fine. It just doesn't show up when i print straight from autocad. Don't want to have to always print from pdf though

There are other users who can print the same file to the same printer and its all good so thats telling me it must be a setting somewhere, just not sure what it could be

Tried adding new plotter with new pc3 file (same printer as previous just with new name/setup) but same thing still happens

edit - the hatch prints when i change it to come out black instead of coloured.. need it to be coloured though. and if other machines can print it properly this one should too

Edited by masterfal

same ctb as other users. just tried copying another user's ctb file onto mine just to double check - same thing still happens

it previews + plots to pdf as it should so dont think theres anything wrong with ctb

i think i may have worked it out..

my plots seem to be plotting with transparency, even though i have it unticked. i added solid hatch and changed transparency to 50%, which appears shaded when i print - both when plot transparency is ticked and unticked

i'm the only one using autocad 2019 here whilst others here are using earlier versions which are working fine

would this be a bug in the program? should i contact autodesk support?

image.png.345fd3b505d42e0332a641e70b025c20.png

It might be your printer. Does the PDF print out OK on the printer? I have a similar issue. If I try to print a transparent hatch straight from ACAD it won't print correctly but I can print it to a PDF and then the PDF prints out correct on the same printer. Weird ;)

On 1/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, SLW210 said:

Check the System Variable PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE.

thankyou so much! i was thinking was going to have to do a reinstall.. so glad i checked here first.

why does autodesk make so many silly variables which are so hard to find..