Length Label Lisp

errorist

Hi, I have Lee-Mac's Area Label lisp and I modified it to give lengths of the lines selected by simply replacing "areas"s in code with "length"s :D 

However it doesn't work with open lines. I guess the reason for that the code was designed to retreive areas of the selected objects must be closed (of course). So I looked up in the code to delete that option but I was not able to find anything about objects being closed except:

(vlax-curve-isclosed x)

but it can not be about this since it is about a curve, right? So anyone can help me about it please?

A line can be considered as a curve without curvature if that makes sense. Vlax-curve functions work on lines, polylines, arc etc; they don't have to curves. I don't think it is possible to adapt the code to work with open polylines. It would be better to find a seperate lisp that just reports the length of open polylines. Try this simple lisp . There is no testing to exclude non line entities or infinite line entities. If you wish to expand on it, be my guest.

(defun c:LL ( / )
  (setq ent (car (entsel "\nSelect Line Entity : ")))
  (setq len (vlax-curve-getdistatparam ent (vlax-curve-getendparam ent)))
  (alert (strcat "Length is : " (rtos len 2 3)))
)  

An alternative is to look at object then retrieve the length using the correct variable value, then use a simple Cond 

ARC = arclength

Line,pline = length

Circle = circumference

vla-get-length

Also lee-mac totallength.lsp

Edited by BIGAL

• 2 years later...