Automatic Layouts creation

CADZealot

Hello Everyone,

I'm newbie here. I just learned something in AutoCAD.

I've found a lisp to create Automatic Layouts on below page.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/how-to-create-automatic-layouts/td-p/7453189

I have to do similar work but with different Template.

I have tried with my Template, but it's not working for my layout. Actually viewport 2 not created.

Please anyone help me out on this lisp.

And also could you please let me know is there any possible to create multiple size layouts with this block. Like A1,A2...., Using the same lisp?.

Sample.dwgSample.lsp

Thanks in Advance.

Can you post your drawing in AutoCAD 2010 format. I can't open then attached as it is a leter version than I have available.

Hi Maratovich,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have tried already.it's working with only one viewport on each layout.but there is two viewport in my layout. Also i want to create layouts automatically.(without opening any dialogue boxes).

Thanks.

You have difficulty to use.
Suppose on the first sheet we put species screens 1 and 2.
Then on the second sheet which viewports should I put?
How to understand which viewport to put?
You yourself try to do it yourself, you will understand the complexity, then show us the result.

The task is not that hard, using intersectwith you can get the two points for a given distance working along a pline, you set a custom ucs, create a new layout, add a mview using these two points, new ucs and correct scale. I don’t have this exact code but do have another code that does the correct answer used to check vehicle clash with a driveway, just change the car wheelbase, will see what I can do.

title block view window size,

plot scale

sheet overlap

pick pline.

then make layouts

The question raised was two layouts per sheet doable just adds a complication.

My cheat is a copy layout to another layout which I have code for.

Hello Bigal,

Sorry..i can't understand what you're telling.and also I don't know lisp like you guys. So could you please explain briefly.

Thanks

I had a look at your dwg and not sure now exactly what you want have no idea why the big and small viewports ? Need a proper dwg with some objects.

Actually first viewport will be created for that block for Ex.001 and that will be fit with viewport.

the second viewport will be created for the same block which is fit on viewport one but its not fit in viewport 2. viewport 2 used for mention the location of the Block.

Sample (2)-001.pdf

• 3 years later...
On 3/26/2019 at 1:18 PM, BIGAL said:

d a look at your dwg and not sure

Hi guys im totally new to this software i dont know how to use it i watched the video but when i open how can i get the x axis point and y axis point in the layout. Please if someone can respond that would be great