Lofting issue

ravihotwok

Hello all,

im trying to make a 3d solid model, its for a car part which has 2 52mm gauges, the gauges are raised up off a flat base plate, they are also slightly recessed if that makes sense.  I want to make the the base plate loft to the 2 outlines of the gauges so I can then subtract holes for the gauges to sit it.  I have done something similar before but now trying to add the little recess and just make it look a little neater I shall attach a pic now of that ice done so far

What you're trying to do is not possible. You can't Loft the base plate to the 2 outlines.

I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're trying to accomplish, but I would suggest that you Extrude the 2 outlines, then Subtract any excess that extends past the bottom of the base plate, then Union the parts together. This will create a Solid model as shown below.

Untitled-1.jpg