Rise/drop symbol disappearing

Siberian

I'm having an issue with rise/drop symbols of pipes. If I have a single vertical pipe passing through multiple levels I can see the rise/drop symbol in all levels. But if I draw a horizontal branch on one of the floors, then the rise/drop symbol will sometimes disappear in the levels below the branch. The weird thing is that I can still select the pipe on these levels if I know exactly where it is - it's just invisible. If I turn on center line then the cross will display, but the pipe itself is still missing. The problem is also not consistent. I can have two identical vertical pipes where one of them displays this behavior and the other does not. Lastly I can bring the rise/drop symbol back temporarily by changing the pipe type - even if I change it back again - but if I close and re-open the project it will be gone again. Is this a glitch, or am I missing something?

I've found this where Autodesk seems to acknowledge the issue. Guess all we can hope for is some sort of patch or update.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Rise-drop-symbols-disappear-and-appear-randomly-in-Revit.html

Edited by Siberian

Rise/Drop symbols are not a love/hate relationship with MEP users. It's a hate/hate relationship. They don't work well and when they do they don't display the proper symbol depending on the View Range. 

Not much I can offer, just commenting is all. 

-TZ