Out of plane isocircles?

I've been given a "special project" to create some isometric plumbing drawings using PVC pipe and fittings, something I have very little experience with.  My isometric 90° elbow turned out beautifully, but I ran into a wall when I needed to create an isometric view of a 45° fitting.  I'm trying to draw an isocircle who's orientation is 45° out of plane (relative to Autocad's 3 isometric planes) and it's breaking my brain.  I've decided an "isocircle" won't work and I'll have to use an ellipse for this.  I just can't seem to figure out the mechanics of translating an orthographic drawing into an out-of-plane isometric view.

Has anybody had success solving this problem?

Have you tried using isometric ellipses? I had my first experience with them recently. Use the SNAP command, type S for Style, type I for Isometric. Use F5 to cycle through Left/Right/Center modes. When you use the Ellipse command, you now have the option to draw isocircles. Use Snap to change the style back to Standard when you're done. Also turn off the snap grid if it gets annoying.

If that doesn't work, post a sketch of what you're trying to do.

Yeah, I'm familiar with Autocad's isometric drawing tools.  I used it to construct a 90° elbow.  Now I'm trying to make a 45° elbow. (and later I'll need to make a 22.5° elbow... and a variety of other fittings)

My problem is that I need an isocircle (your "isometric ellipse") that doesn't conform to any of the three default planes (Left/Right/Center).  I can't seem to wrap my head around this problem and I'm hoping someone here has a simple solution to offer.