'Short' Dimensioning Offset Style

lamensterms

Hi,

Not really sure how to describe what I am asking for... I don't really know what this type of dimension modification is called.  Here goes...

Occasionally we have the need to adjust some dimensions to better describe which direction the dimension is heading to (orientation).  Our current practice is to manually modify these dimensions to add adequate space between the extension lines to show a decent gap.

image.thumb.png.809c4a19b863343ee27354b28e299123.png

So... a couple of questions...

1.  Is there a name for this type of dimensioning?  I have seen drawings from other draftsman following a similar practice - but I don't know what to call it.

2.  Is there a ACAD (or custom) tool that can help create dimensions like this?  The manual process is rather tedious.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks BIGAL, yep 2 lines, 2mm apart in this example.  But dimension could vary depending on drawing scale.  For example, in the picture in the original post, 2mm gap is not recognisable, but at different scale.. a 10mm gap may not be noticeable, etc.

I'll post a DWG when I get back to my CAD PC.

No need for dwg understand don't think its a dimension option someone else may know answer. before doing some coding.

Its common in road long sections but the code is written to handle it.

Edited by BIGAL