How to create a Lisp Routine for Counting Doors, Parkings spaces

DurtyTalynt

Hello all, 

I work for a Firm that does Commercial Architectural Drafting and I am currently looking for a simple way to add a lisp routine that allows us to automatically calculate  New doors on Floor plans and Parking Spaces on site plans that we create. Reason being that we are just looking for a faster way to do this without counting each individual door or parking space to save time and energy. Not sure if this is possible because I do not have extensive knowledge in Lisp Routines but this seemed like the right place to ask. If anyone knows anything about this that would be helpful. Thank you and have a great day. 😀

Hello and thank you for the reply. 

I am not familiar with the BCOUNT command but I will surely give it a try. Thanks for your help

Tharwat,

I see that the BCOUNT command counts blocks only? Would it be able to count something like individual parking spaces or doors that are not blocks? 

Tharwat,

The select similar command works for the block doors that we created, but I will need to use something a little different for the parking spaces because we do not use a block for those. However, everything that you suggested is a great starting point for us. Thank you for your help. 👍

29 minutes ago, DurtyTalynt said:

Tharwat,

The select similar command works for the block doors that we created, but I will need to use something a little different for the parking spaces because we do not use a block for those. However, everything that you suggested is a great starting point for us. Thank you for your help. 👍

Post a sample drawing. 

@ronjonp ,

For instance, we dont use Civil Autocad since we work in architecture so I was trying to figure a way to count the new spaces that we create on our site plans without counting each individual one if possible. Here is an example file. The red striping represents new parking. 

PARKING.dwg

It sounds like time to do things right in the 1st place, the obvious being use door blocks with attributes, then you can count all the doors. The  attributes can be invisible,  or a text lable as part of the block. Next step would be using dynamic blocks.

I have a block count routine that will count the same name block but with up to 5 attributes deep of different values Door Black Goldhandle 25, Door black Silverhandle 32 etc

The same with the carparks use a block.

The other way is just text on a layer if you select all the texts it will tell you how many. There are lots of add increment to text out there.