Match block to desired size

notredave

Good morning all to my friends,

If you see attached drawing that I downloaded for a vendor site, it is not to scale. Does anybody have a match scale lisp routine that are willing to share. When I scale this block up to correct "x" dimension by percentage, my "x" dimension is correct but my "y" dimension is not. I am looking to make a rectang with correct dimension and hope to match vendor block to my rectang size keeping components inside block uniformly correct. I am trying to have width at 12.95" X 8.72". I would greatly appreciate this as I download plenty of vendor drawings, especially form Phoenix Contact that need re-scaling with correct dimensions and hoping the routine works on all that I download and need uniform scaling. I have also posted this request/hope here:

https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=55425.0

Thank you,
David

BATTERY.dwg

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Good morning, what I'm I doing wrong??? I am using Jim's, Matchblockscale.lsp posted above but my attached drawing isn't matching. I need power block on left to scale to rectang block on right, keeping circles, etc to proportion. If someone can take a look at this and tell me what's going on with this, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

David

POWER BLOCK.dwg

Someone else will probably have to give their thoughts on how to fix this, but I ran some super complicated experiments and found that if the Lisp works if you're trying to Match Block Scale to the same block, but not two different blocks.  So if you had two of the same block that were different sizes, you can run the lisp and match the scale.  For whatever reason it's not matching in between blocks though.  As for how to fix that, I don't know.  Cadforum folks, any thoughts?

Well I might be wrong because the two blocks are scaling off of other blocks, just not each other...so for some reason, they aren't cooperating together.

OK. talking to myself here.  I think this might be user error.  The two blocks on the attached are already at the same scale 1:1.  Pick either one and scale it up x3.  Then run the lisp.  You see what I'm talking about.  it's not a scaling issue necessarily, it's a sizing issue.  They're both at 1:1 scale already so you're trying to match something at the same scale.  You're wanting to re-size a block to match another block.  Not sure how to do that.

You could use the GetBoundingBox Method to get Minpoint &Maxpoint of the first block to calculate dx & dy then use it on other blocks to modify their x & y scale to make their dx & dy match.  Try searching for block table lisp, I've seen some that display blocks in tables the same size that may have the code you're looking for.

Thank you Tombu, I have tried scaling the block to desired x and y coordinates and that works but my circles become ellipses and just looks plain wrong when up sized. What I do is take a snapshot of desired figure an Adobe acrobat, import it in autocad.  I then trace over image and it is proportional. Then is when I encounter problems when I want to match actual x  and y of actual vedor dimensions. I was just hoping that someone has come across this problem and there was a solution maybe. Thanks again tombu.

David