Add xdata to drawing

Double J

I'm creating a script, which automatically adjusts the extended data of line objects. Using information from different blocks in the drawing. 

I have already finished the first steps. I have already created a temporary layer to which the additional xdata is linked. 

However, I get stuck on 2 points, Where I need help; 

• Identifies overlapping lines (same geometry) on layer boundary”. Delete all other objects, So that only the locations where the xdata may have to be adjusted remains (drawing 3) 

• Check if the xdata on bounday layer is present in the underlying objects, and add this information if necessary to the existing xdata. (drawing 4) 

Please note, it is possible that the underlying objects are 2 objects. It is also possible that these underlying objects, don’t have the same length. 

Example.dwg test.lsp

Speaking for myself , I have no experience with xdata other than maybe once tried an example from a site like AfraLisp. Never found the need to do something with this , probably not enough vision or brain cells whatever. Can imagine its powerful stuff but can't imagine using it for my own purposes , not yet anyway. Maybe playing with it more would wake up some of my brain cells. Maybe there are some users who have put it to practical use and maybe they want to share (or not).

Could a command like overkill help you to get rid of double / overlapping lines? That would al least solve half of your problem.

🐉

On 10/3/2019 at 11:15 AM, rlx said:

Speaking for myself , I have no experience with xdata other than maybe once tried an example from a site like AfraLisp. Never found the need to do something with this , probably not enough vision or brain cells whatever. Can imagine its powerful stuff but can't imagine using it for my own purposes , not yet anyway. Maybe playing with it more would wake up some of my brain cells. Maybe there are some users who have put it to practical use and maybe they want to share (or not).

Could a command like overkill help you to get rid of double / overlapping lines? That would al least solve half of your problem.

🐉

The command overkill ignores the xdata linked to the objects. So that is unfortunately not an option.