Edit Text Space Distance Within Dimension Line

Hello CAD Friends,

I'm trying to edit the text space distance inside the dimension line. I know people explode the dimension into pieces, then edit the lines and text to create the spacing they want. I want to use whatever dialog box or application ribbon and internal parameters to edit my text space-distance appearance. Please see my example below:

From <---------33'--------->  to  <--------  33' -------->

So, is there a sophisticated means within AutoCAD that I can accomplish this?

Considerations Much Appreciated

"Mitch"

I Tried that and did not notice a change. Or would I have to do something extra after changing the value? The default value is "0-0 1/2"...

DIMGAP (System Variable)

Sets the distance around the dimension text when the dimension line breaks to accommodate dimension text.

Type: Real
Saved in: Drawing
Initial value: 0.0900 (imperial) or 0.6250 (metric)

Also sets the gap between annotation and a hook line created with the LEADER command. If you enter a negative value, DIMGAP places a box around the dimension text.

The value of DIMGAP is also used as the minimum length of each segment of the dimension line. To locate the components of a linear dimension within the extension lines, enough space must be available for both arrowheads (2 x DIMASZ), both dimension line segments (2 x DIMGAP), a gap on either side of the dimension text (another 2 x DIMGAP), and the length of the dimension text, which depends on its size and number of decimal places displayed.

DIMGAP.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SLW210 said:

That's the same as setting DIMGAP.

Not exactly. Using DIMGAP will create a style override for the active dim style.  Dims added from then on will reflect this change unless dimstyle apply is given in which case all dims, regardless of style, will be updated to use the new style reflecting the change in dimgap.

Editing the properties panel will only modify the selected dim.

If more than a few dims need to be edited I think it better to modify the value for the particular dim style rather than the potentially more global effects of dimgap.