"Connect to the internet"

kippax

I have a licence which only allows me to open ACAD on one device at a time.

Currently I can't open it on my laptop, but have no such problem on my PC.

It doesn't seem able to detect an internet connection on my laptop, though it is definitely present, as I can open my browser at the same time.

Just in case there might be anything open in the back ground I have also tried this with my PC switched off, with no change.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what might be the problem ?

CAD.JPG

Edited by kippax

Thanks for that but I have moved on ..... and in the process dug myself into another hole.

They was an update available for 2020 via the Desktop App which I have applied and that has subsequently solved the issue .... on my laptop at least.

As it would be a bit inconvenient to run a different version on my PC, I have attempted to run the same update. However the Desktop App refuses to open, either directly or via ACAD itself. The window opens, but is just blank.

Attempted a re-install/repair of the app but it wont allow that as it says the app is running and needs to be closed down first. However, checking the task manager, this would not appear to be the case.

So I now have 2 different version running on my 2 machines. Very frustrating.

"...the Desktop App refuses to open..."

"The window opens, but is just blank."

Have you done an Internet search using the words "AutoCAD"+"Desktop App won't open"?