AutoCAD v2.5 video

RetroCAD

A new episode of RetroCAD is up. This time it’s the feature-packed version 2.5 of AutoCAD with new commands such as Rotate, Mirror, Stretch, and Scale!

• 2 weeks later...

I love these trips into the past.  I started with Release 9 myself. Had a 15" CRT monitor, a 12x12 summagraphics digitizer and a 4 button puck.   Ah...the good old days.

Did you ever try the Release 11 Windows Extension?  My goodness was that horrible!

19 hours ago, Jack_O'neill said:

Did you ever try the Release 11 Windows Extension?  My goodness was that horrible!

When you compare it to some of the other early windows releases, it's really not that bad. Of course it doesn't hold a candle to the DOS version. I'll be doing a video on it before too long!

18 hours ago, RetroCAD said:

When you compare it to some of the other early windows releases, it's really not that bad. Of course it doesn't hold a candle to the DOS version. I'll be doing a video on it before too long!

I never messed with any of the others.  The release 11 version was the only "extension" i ever played with. Of course, some of the problem was that back in those days, my employer tried his best to have only the bare minimum computer resources required.  He would commonly say things like "that would increase the price, and there's no justification at this time for it".   He said that most memorably about sound cards.  "We don't need sound cards and they add $15 to the price of every computer we buy."  One day he wasn't in, and the computer guy delivered a new computer.  Since no one else was available, I signed for it...after going over the invoice very closely.  Wasn't going to have the manager climbing up my shorts for accepting something incorrect, you see.  Guess what I discovered?  Yes, the sound card added $15 to the price of the computer, but the computer guy was charging us $30 labor to remove them!