Draw Polylines using Multiple Co-ordinates

acad1985

Hello Everyone, 

I have list of co-ordinates in excel workbook. I need to place a small Block (as image) to that co ordinates and connect those blocks using Poly line.

image.png.7b1ea7e20c9b7a916670bcc3ab5ca8d8.png      

image.png.1013655b137299c683c092fed0993a99.png

Could you please help me,Is that possible to do that through Lisp.

Thanks in advance 

image.png

If you save your Excel worksheet as a CSV file or tab-delimited Text file, you can then use my old Point Manager program (twice: once with file input & block output, then with file input & polyline output) to obtain the result you require.

Edited by Lee Mac

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply,

Your code is working perfectly.

It's connect all the block with single line also it's connected the first and last point of the co ordinates.

instead of that  can we connect separate line as per below image.

image.png.783b40b13375d31243f9acca9a614a34.png

Thanks

26 minutes ago, acad1985 said:

instead of that  can we connect separate line as per below image.

image.png.783b40b13375d31243f9acca9a614a34.png

Certainly - simply process these as separate files through the program (else, how would the program know where to split the points?)

There are  alternatives one is that you must have a delimeter in your csv file say a blank line to separate the plines, a custom lisp is required. you can add a code like p1 on end x,y,code when code changes that means a new pline. Can do x,y,z where z is not a level but pline number.

If your using excel it is possible to do this directly by making a excel column of the autocad points with a break and copying and pasting that column to the command line.

Copy this to command line as a example, note double blank line is finish pline and 2nd blank is start new pline. You use =concatenate(a1,",",b1) to make the x,y it has a blank line on end to finish last pline.

pline

Insert blocks done in a similar way

-insert blk 0,0 1 1 0
-insert blk 10,10 1 1 0
-insert blk 14,12 1 1 0

Lastly in civil design field survey its x,y,z,code and the data is strung and correct block inserted.

Edited by BIGAL