text selection - merge based on colour

Sambuddy

I am not even sure how to pose this question - so here she goes:

I am not quite sure if you can select content with different colours within a text (see attachment). The code below only finds text colour selected by the layer.

Is there a way?

My whole intention is to sort them so that say if I pick BELL (colour 150) or RORGERS (colour 22) then the white text strings and colour 150 remains and the rest be removed - sorting by colour and merging the text condition the selection and colour!!!

Possible? 

(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "*TEXT")(62 . 1))))

if yes...how???

text sample.dwg

34 minutes ago, Sambuddy said:

I am not even sure how to pose this question - so here she goes:

I am not quite sure if you can select content with different colours within a text (see attachment). The code below only finds text colour selected by the layer.

Is there a way?

My whole intention is to sort them so that say if I pick BELL (colour 150) or RORGERS (colour 22) then the white text strings and colour 150 remains and the rest be removed - sorting by colour and merging the text condition the selection and colour!!!

Possible? 

(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "*TEXT")(62 . 1))))

if yes...how???

text sample.dwg 23.99 kB · 0 downloads

Difficult to say as I cannot open the drawing as it is in a later version than the one I use.

MText formatting is embedded within the text content (here is a reference for the majority of available formatting codes); as such, you will need to test the text content of the presence of the colour formatting code "\C<colour>;" where <colour> is the ACI colour number.

MText formatting is embedded within the text content (here is a reference for the majority of available formatting codes); as such, you will need to test the text content of the presence of the colour formatting code "\C<colour>;" where <colour> is the ACI colour number.

how do I implement that onto a code? a little more detail please

40 minutes ago, Sambuddy said:

how do I implement that onto a code? a little more detail please

• Obtain a selection set of all MTEXT entities within the target space.
  • Iterate over the set (using one of the methods described here).
  • Obtain the full text content held by each MTEXT entity (concatenate all DXF group 3 & 1 values).
  • Use wcmatch to test for the existence of \C<colour>; within the content, where <colour> is the ACI colour number you require.