PF Structural Drafting

LPiazza

So I've been through all the forums here and through all the pages for this project. I am just about complete with plate one but having major difficulty understanding: 

Running horizontally between adjacent girders are 24 steel channel beams. There are two channel beams in each 18′-0″ bay, and they’re spaced 6′-0″ apart. The beam designation is C9 × 20, and its dimensions can be found in Appendix H. The channel beams rest on the 8 Structural Drafting with AutoCAD bottom flanges of the girders. There’s a 1″ gap from the web of the girder to the end of the channel. Put these channel beams on layer C9 × 20, with a yellow color and a continuous linetype. • Each channel beam is bolted to the girder with a 1/2″ thick angle. Each leg of the angle is 4″, and the angle is 6″ wide. There are two angles used for each channel beam, one at either end of the channel. The angle is bolted to the backside of the channel using two 5/8″ Ø bolts that are 2 1/2″ long. Each bolt is positioned 1 1/2″ away from the end of the angle as well as 1 1/2″ away from the nearest side of the angle. Two more bolts with the same dimensions fasten the other leg of the angle to the web of the girder. These other two bolts are also positioned 1 1/2″ away from the end of the angle as well as 1 1/2″ away from the nearest side of the angle.

So I've gotten the columns, girders, and beams. And i've read and watched the animation for the bracket thing. But i'm still very confused as to how I'm supposed to show this 

By "bracket" I assume you are referring to the 4x6 clip(s) used to attach the channels to the columns?  Refer to the thread below.  You'll find an image of a single clip (color green) in the very last post on page 4.  If you are detailing a column in the interior of the building there would be a channel on both sides of the column and two clips (one for each connection).

First off. ReMark, I just need to say that you have been amazing in all the posts I've seen. Extremely helpful and you don't hold back to some people. Your help has helped me through that damned Olsen Village crud. 

Secondly. Thank you, yes I have managed to complete that one. I am now trying to understand the second part of this, the south elevation. Mainly how to start it.

17 hours ago, LPiazza said:

First off. ReMark, I just need to say that you have been amazing in all the posts I've seen. Extremely helpful and you don't hold back to some people. Your help has helped me through that damned Olsen Village crud. 

Secondly. Thank you, yes I have managed to complete that one. I am now trying to understand the second part of this, the south elevation. Mainly how to start it.

Thank you very much for your kind words.  I wish you every success in your endeavors.  Have a Happy New Year.