Pipeline linetype

Mezobot93

Hey!

Im supposed to make a special linetype, but i cant get it right, and im not sure im doing it with the right method, im not that good with CAD, only with the basics.

Im supposed to make a linetype that looks like the pic i posted.

It supposed to represent a sewer pipe, and its global widht supposed to be the circumference of the pipe.

I made this linetype using a shape (MKSHAPE), and then made a linetype outof it (MKLTYPE).

The porblems:

-the insert and starting point is sopposed to be the yellow dot. When i made the linetype i clicked there, but it stills ad a little line at the beggining, and only starts the linetype after that. How can i make it start always with the rectangle?

-when i change the global widht its only chnages the widht of that small line (you can see on the pic). I want the global widht to be the distance between the top and the bottom of the rectangle (the red line). How can i set that up?

Is there any way to make a linetype, or any other way (maybe block) to make this happen? I found one topic here with something similiar, but i didnt find the perfect solution there.

Képkivágás.PNG

That is not a linetype from AutoCAD. In complex linetypes, AutoCAD does not divide the shape at each end to fill up the length.

If this line is not to be edited after drawing, you can create a look-alike with a block and using the command Measure.

You could also use a dashed linetype, make it a polyline with width 1, and turn off FILL.

pipe-line.PNG

I used a custom liinetype and we would set the ltscale to 2.3 this is the length of a concrete pipe when joined and like Eldon make it into a pline with wdith=dia, then add outside continuous lines, this was for a proposed an exsiting would be parallel dashed linetype.

Proposed sewer on Civil plans would be ----- S ------ but on sewer board submission plans would be two parallel lines with drainage ----- D ------ These being custom linetypes.

Lastly I have pipe defun that draws pipes at correct dia. Used it to convert a single line to two lines.

Using Eldons idea of a block is probably the best with a lisp to make the block so you don't need lots of blocks.

Found a problem, I have an alternative to Measure and it will align correctly but may need a recode to be used as a pipe.

Changing the insertion point to middle helps see image the problem is if the rectang is required to be aligned to middle of ends via insertion point arc in opposite direction will not work. Other problems creep in also pipe overhangs end.

image.thumb.png.a0a285931e4c51c2bbacdd564d5888c3.png

Using code method desired answer.

image.thumb.png.45330f5c0793562175195e423ac5a1f5.png

Pipe offsets.lsp

Edited by BIGAL