CABLE TRENCH SECTION

sumitkr1108

Hi 

members i want to create this cable trench section using excel file so that i had to enter all the necessary data like circle radius / diameter, distance  between circle from excel file and this section should be created in autocad file is it possible to do. please let me know 

sample.dwg

3 ways the simpler is write a csv file of the info required use lisp to create.

Box size,

circle,x,y,rad. 

circle,x,y,rad.

circle,x,y,rad.

hatch,pattern

The next get excel to write a script of all the commands required similar to csv.

Lastly get excel to drive Autocad and draw objects or the other way Autocad read cells from excel.

So all 3 have been answered so many times. Just google about Excel & Autocad or using csv with Autocad.

Edited by BIGAL

On 2/12/2020 at 8:52 AM, sumitkr1108 said:

Hi 

members i want to create this cable trench section using excel file so that i had to enter all the necessary data like circle radius / diameter, distance  between circle from excel file and this section should be created in autocad file is it possible to do. please let me know 

sample.dwg 165 kB · 8 downloads

Please upload such xlsx

• 5 months later...
On 2/17/2020 at 3:00 AM, devitg said:

Please upload such xlsx

sir i want to make that excel file so that i can input the all these thing through that excel and my section in autocad get prepared.

Here is sample VBA draw objects from Autocad so needs the add certain cell values.

I will try to find the good youtube video about using excel to draw in Autocad, thought I saved it. This is one 

For sumitkr1108 need the xls.

excel vba draw acad.txt

4 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Here is sample VBA draw objects from Autocad so needs the add certain cell values.

I will try to find the good youtube video about using excel to draw in Autocad, thought I saved it. This is one 

For sumitkr1108 need the xls.

excel vba draw acad.txt 3.07 kB · 20 downloads

thanks sir but i want to take data from excel kindly find attached the sample for the clearty

section.xls sample.dwg

You asked for it in VBA excel macro are you saying you do not know how to code in VBA ? That is what I posted. 

The other way is make a csv file of your excel then use lisp. Plenty of code examples out there. Is this what you want ?

Duct Bank Width,900
Duct Bank Depth,600
Conduit to Conduit distance,300
Edge to conduit Distance,150
Number of conduits Rows,2
Number of conduits Columns,3
Default conduit diameter,150
code produces this
(setq wid 900)
(setq Depth 600)
(setq dist 300
(setq Edge 150
(setq Rows 2)
(seqt Cols 3)
(setq dia 150)

Note don't need wid as its calculated  based on number of conduits.

Edited by BIGAL

6 hours ago, BIGAL said:

You asked for it in VBA excel macro are you saying you do not know how to code in VBA ? That is what I posted. 

The other way is make a csv file of your excel then use lisp. Plenty of code examples out there. Is this what you want ?

Duct Bank Width,900
Duct Bank Depth,600
Conduit to Conduit distance,300
Edge to conduit Distance,150
Number of conduits Rows,2
Number of conduits Columns,3
Default conduit diameter,150

code produces this
(setq wid 900)
(setq Depth 600)
(setq dist 300
(setq Edge 150
(setq Rows 2)
(seqt Cols 3)
(setq dia 150)

Note don't need wid as its calculated  based on number of conduits.

Thank you sir for your effort but i dont know to create lisp neither vba i am new to all these thing.

I want the some macro should be there in excel with button and when i click that button it should open a new drawing in autocad taking all the data from Excel create that duct bank section.