CAD PDF to AI. to DWG Block Problem

Lyndel

Could anyone help me with a file I need to be able to rework in Sketchup Pro.

The architect has supplied a PDF of her CAD drawings only. I have opened in Illustrator , saved as a .dwg 

(and .dxf) and then imported into Sketchup Pro.

In both Illustrator and in Sketchup the drawing is broken up into Blocks. I cannot edit any of it. How can I get it to import as an editable file??

Upstairs floorplan edits_p14.dwg

Your dwg comes into AutoCAD showing missing PNG files. It seems that your PDF was a raster scan PDF and NOT a vector generated PDF. This can't just be saved back to a DWG. Can you share the PDF?

1 hour ago, f700es said:

Your dwg comes into AutoCAD showing missing PNG files. It seems that your PDF was a raster scan PDF and NOT a vector generated PDF. This can't just be saved back to a DWG. Can you share the PDF?

Yes here it is.

Drawing_L1 14.pdf

Thanks so much for looking at the file f700es. I'll go back and see if they can output it correctly for me. No they wont pass on the cad or dwg. Greatly appreciate your help!

Edited by Lyndel

1 hour ago, Lyndel said:

No they wont pass on the cad or dwg.

So, they want you to build a 3D model, but they won't supply you with their CAD file? Unbelievable. :roll:

Offer to sign a confidentiality agreement so they can send you the dwg.

Using Pdfimport 2020 most of the pdf is a raster with a solid background as already stated.

13 hours ago, Cad64 said:

So, they want you to build a 3D model, but they won't supply you with their CAD file? Unbelievable. :roll:

Been there myself ;)