Extrusion with Taper Angle

AdamP9812

Hello all,

Sorry this is must be a very simple question but I've been having trouble with it over the last couple days. I am a student at the University of Strathclyde, and I am attempting to develop a sabot and catcher system for use in an experimental test rig. I have been modelling the catcher on SolidWorks and am unsure on how to extrude the desired sketch to the opposite sketch. I have attached a link to an image of the desired result. I would appreciate any advice on how I should approach this problem.

Catcher-Sabot-and-Projectile-Assembly.pn

Link to paper: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Catcher-Sabot-and-Projectile-Assembly_fig1_321478709

Thanks,

Adam.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adam, can you give a bit more detail?  When extruding a sketch you can choose the extrusions end condition - I forget all the options (I don't have SolidWorks in front of me right now) but blind (the default) is where you type in the value but there's also upto next, upto point/vertex and upto surface options I believe.  Would any of those sort you out?  If not, provide a little more detail and id be happy to try and help