Software multiple users in a single .dwg

JuniorNogueira

I would like to know, if you know any company that provides some software that allows multiple users to work at the same time in a single .dwg and make simultaneous edits.

NOTE: XREF is not an option !!

Revit can do this, sort of, but there are restrictions and you can't have multiple people working on the same part of the model. Each person works on different parts of a central model. I don't know of any program that allows multiple people to work on the same thing. That would actually be complete chaos. Think about 4 people trying to create a single drawing on one piece of paper at the same time. :lol:

Take a look at this: https://sites.google.com/site/cpdbimtechcollaboration/home/understanding-collaborative-learning/revit-worksets-1

My drawings are very large and I really need multiple users working at the same time. this in AutoCAD.
I will check your link.

1 hour ago, JuniorNogueira said:

My drawings are very large and I really need multiple users working at the same time. this in AutoCAD.
I will check your link.

The link illustrates how multiple users work in a Revit file. It's not for Autocad.

Autocad does not allow multiple users to work in the same file at the same time. I don't know of any CAD programs that allow this. The best you could do would be to have everyone working on individual xref's that update into a master file. I know you said that's not an option, but it's the only option I can suggest.

While two users should never modify the same drawing at a time haveing 10 users work on separate portions at the same time is an easy workaround. They can be referenced into a master drawing where you could track the progress of each user.

On 7/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, JuniorNogueira said:

I would like to know, if you know any company that provides some software that allows multiple users to work at the same time in a single .dwg and make simultaneous edits.

NOTE: XREF is not an option !!

Why can you not use XREF's ? Like @tombu stated, you could assign different areas of work for multiple people that all reference each other. I've done this in the past successfully on large projects.