Point Cloud Grips on Crop Box (ACAD 2015)

lamensterms

Hey,

In ACAD 2014, with a Point Cloud (.RCS) selected... I am able to drag all the grips around to resize the cropping area for a point cloud.

In ACAD 2015... I don't see the boundary grips when a point cloud is selected.

Does anyone know how to enable cropping grips for point clouds in ACAD 2015?

Thanks for any help.

---EDIT---

I'm also noticing a variety of other strange behaviour when trying to working with point clouds in ACAD2015...

1.  A point cloud reference (.RCS) which was originally inserted on ACAD2014 cannot be modified by ACAD2015 ribbon tools (and is also missing from the Point Cloud Manager).

2.  Upon "LIST"ing the point cloud object... I see the one inserted in ACAD2014 is called "ACDBPOINTCLOUD", while the one inserted in ACAD2015 is called "ACDBPOINTCLOUDEX".  I suppose ACAD sees and treats them as different type of objects.

Edited by lamensterms

More unusual behaviour...

When using NWCOUT from ACAD2015, I get the following results:

1.  ACDBPOINTCLOUD elements display fine in Navisworks (ACDBPOINTCLOUD are the result of attaching a point cloud to DWG using ACAD2014).

2.  ACDBPOINTCLOUDEX elements do not display in Navisworks (ACDBPOINTCLOUDEX are the result of attaching a point cloud to DWG using ACAD2015).

image.thumb.png.cd82950b2e228687723f1e7e4454b9cc.png