Cut Symbol Lumber

NoroZorro

Hello comrades!

I don't have a problem representing cut symbol on unaltered lumber. I use symbolic lines. However, if i need to cut lumber, the symbolic lines don't follow the shape of changed lumber.(see image attached)

Any ideas how to achieve a desired result.

Untitled2.png

I don't do architecture and your question isn't very clear to me.

You say you are using symbolic lines but do not say what you workflow is.

My best guess is that you need to draw your symbolic lines to follow the cut profile.

Edited by RobDraw

• 5 months later...

For the non-architectural drafters out there, uncut lumber shows a pair of diagonals. When you cut off a corner, you don't move the end of the diagonal to the new corner, you trim it at the cut line.

Look at the OP's picture. There's a wedge cut off of the top left corner, following the line of the roof deck. The vertical line and the diagonal on the left side should terminate at the top line that comes from the top right corner.

You can devise a dynamic block that will let you drag the corner down. That will change the outer border, but I'm not sure how you would terminate the diagonal properly, because it shouldn't follow the corner.