Missing original Set function in some versions of AutoCAD

Ahankhah

Hi all,

I have written a simple routine using "SET" function. It runs in AutoCAD 2021 & 2020 without any problem, but when loading it in AutoCAD 2019 (and also in 2016) I found that "SET" function is redefined by some AutoCAD built-in function (or by Express Tools). It seems to be similar to another function named "SET$" and changes some "Dimensions variables".

Do any one know whre this change is made and how I can reset "SET" function to its original definition?

I appreciate any help.

My assumption is that you have customization that is making this change. When I run into problems like this I first search my entire lisp collection for the suspect code "set$". I use Textpad as my editor and it will search folders recursively showing list of files with matches. Another option is a program like Search Everything, https://www.voidtools.com/, which can index every file on multiple drives, and can search for content in the files, though slowly. (I use Search Everything every day as a quick launcher.)

A work around would be to put code into the first loaded customization that saves SET to a temporary global variable, and resets it at the last loaded. I can't remember what gets loaded first, but for the last I would use s::startup.

: (setq t1 SET)
#<<FUNCTION> #x2 @fffdc4e66>
: !t1
: (setq SET "don't do this")
"don't do this"
: (SET 'a "b")
; ----- Error around expression -----
(SET 'A "b")

; error : no function definition <SET> ; expected FUNCTION at [eval]
: (setq SET t1)
"b"
: !a
"b"

Edited by dan20047
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 10:01 PM, dan20047 said:

My assumption is that you have customization that is making this change. When I run into problems like this I first search my entire lisp collection for the suspect code "set$". I use Textpad as my editor and it will search folders recursively showing list of files with matches. Another option is a program like Search Everything, https://www.voidtools.com/, which can index every file on multiple drives, and can search for content in the files, though slowly. (I use Search Everything every day as a quick launcher.)

A work around would be to put code into the first loaded customization that saves SET to a temporary global variable, and resets it at the last loaded. I can't remember what gets loaded first, but for the last I would use s::startup.

: (setq t1 SET)
: !t1
: (setq SET "don't do this")
"don't do this"
; ----- Error around expression -----
(SET 'A "b")

; error : no function definition <SET> ; expected FUNCTION at [eval]
: (setq SET t1)
"b"
: !a
"b"

dan20047, You are absolutely right., Thank you very much.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 3:22 AM, BIGAL said:

Another I use is from CMD level "Findstr"

cd to directory to check

eg cd c:\acadtemp\lisp

Findstr set *.lsp

BIGAL, thank you for your reply and introducing the program.