Can't Get Property to Show up in Schedule.

resullins

I've got a schedule of displays in a project. Each of these displays HAS a property that dictates its mounting height. I need that property to appear on my schedule. However (and please keep in mind I'm NOT very good at Revit, so I may be getting some of the terminology wrong), since it's not a field, I don't know how to add a column that would have that information. Screenshots attached. I feel like this should be SO easy. Also, this is not my model, it's from an architect, so I have no idea how these things were created. 

image.thumb.png.4e4886a40350de8f9e7801b3b3e08d8e.pngimage.thumb.png.23084ba782c4869808720900d259f4ba.png

In order for a parameter to be available for scheduling it needs to be a SHARED parameter. You can find instructions online at the AKN or Youtube.

1 hour ago, RobDraw said:

In order for a parameter to be available for scheduling it needs to be a SHARED parameter. You can find instructions online at the AKN or Youtube.

That's kind of the vibe I'm getting... but that would mean I would need to make a whole new parameter and then what, manually enter that information in each instance? For a piece of data that already exists? That just seems REALLY dumb for such a powerful program. I will also add that I have a very similar project where mounting height IS available in the schedule. Again, I don't know if they did something at the beginning of the project to make that available... 

4 minutes ago, resullins said:

That just seems REALLY dumb for such a powerful program.

It's not a program issue.

4 minutes ago, resullins said:

That's kind of the vibe I'm getting... but that would mean I would need to make a whole new parameter and then what, manually enter that information in each instance?

No, just make the new parameter equal the non-shared one.

3 minutes ago, RobDraw said:

It's not a program issue.

I mean, the data exists. I want it in a table. AutoCAD can do this for a non-shared attribute or parameter... seems like a program issue to me... <shrug>

4 minutes ago, RobDraw said:

No, just make the new parameter equal the non-shared one.

Ok... I didn't know I could do that. Let me give that a shot. Thanks. 

If whoever made the family knew that parameter needed to be scheduled, it wouldn't be a problem. Revit cannot account for poor planning.

• Like 1