CHPROP command

Hi everyone,

I always use "Change" command to change a property of an object, I have recently seen a command that is "CHPROP" that does the same actions of "Change", Can someone tell me what is the difference between two commands?

Thanks in advance.

CHANGE seems to allow a change to a point before going into the CHPROP command.

Try it out on a few different types of objects and watch the command line to find out for yourself or try the help files for a description of the commands.

• Like 1

Personally, I leave the properties window open on the side at all times to make life easier.  This way the properties are also all in one place and easily clickable instead of having to run through the step by step process in the command line.  But if it works for you, stick with it.

-ChriS

• Like 1

They both change properties of an object, options at the command line are the same just slightly different to get there.  However CHANGE will also let you select a new change point which will affect lines and circles (may be other objects), with the line you can change the start or end point depending on where you pick on screen.  With circle it will change the size of the circle.

I have used CHANGE for lines for my whole career to change lines that were not drawn on ortho to ortho.  With Ortho set on, pick one or more lines, start CHANGE and then pick a point on screen or use perp osnap and pick a line.  If the lines are far enough apart some lines may not end up where you expect and instead will be 90 degrees from where you hoped but once you know how it will works it is a very quick way to bring lines of odd angles to ortho.  Say some lines were drawn 1 degree off of ortho (or 10 degrees or whatever) and you have a line you want them to extend to and be perpendicular to; start CHANGE, pick all the lines, with Ortho on, snap to the target line and the ones picked will be perpendicular to that line and end on that line.

• Like 1