DCL within another DCL

Eduardo Celiz

Hello, I am sending a lisp with a dcl box and I have the inconvenience of not being able to return from one dcl to another, that is, I use the select button, the ideal is to use the <back button and return to the previous dcl, however what my code does is to exit or cancel and what I want is to return to the previous window,I hope you can help me. 

Edited by Eduardo Celiz

I am sure I read something about this on Lee Macs website. You can create a child DCL like BigAl shows above - I do this for a few things, but i think Lee wrote something that you can hide tiles and make them visible on the fly depending on what the user chooses. Have the back button as a tile that changes the visibility state of which tiles you want to display. Fairly sure it was on Lees website, but it might have been on here a couple of years ago, I can't quite remember now I am typing. it isn't something I have needed to do so don't have an example or reference where to look, sorry.

and if you look at the code you will see that I am already trying to use what they indicate but I find an error when wanting to return to the main dcl that is my problem to which I go to you for help since I cannot find the error or the solution

The first thing I see right off is that:

1) You have 2 dialogs being called with the same DCL name "PREVIEW". The dialogs must have unique names I believe.

2) You are using the same variable name "dcl_id" to load the 2 dialogs with no localization of your variables. Your variables are global and will overwrite each other if not localized to the context of the calling function. I recommend you both localize your variables and use 2 different variable names.

Check out these links for basic AutoLISP variable localization

http://www.lee-mac.com/localising.html

https://www.afralisp.net/autolisp/tutorials/the-define-function.php

Edited by pkenewell

In the image above there are 5 DCl's and each definately has its own name and when closing there is a unique defun of what to set variables to reading the tiles in that current dcl, the tile keys are also individual to that dcl and not repeated.

Edited by BIGAL