ACAD MEP 2018 - Object Properties

dbolesta

Software started acting up so I shut everything down and rebooted the CPU.. I typically leave the Layers Properties, Object Properties & Xref managers open on the screen but now I can not get the Object Properties to even show up..

In the meantime I have the Quick Properties available but I want to get back to my normal arrangement.. Any ideas?

Have tried;

Selecting Tools / Properties /

Selecting object / Right clicking on Node

Screen just blinks with either..

I use a laptop with two xtra 27" screens.. all three active..

Sometimes the dialog boxes or manager boxes open up on the laptop screen very small until I pull them back over..

I have checked all three to make sure it wasn't hidden somewhere, but no luck this time..

Out of curiosity what is your video card on that laptop?

My first thought was that perhaps your properties is actually showing up but is way off the screen.

In other words, your videocard settings, in order to allow 3 monitors, may be kinda jacked. 

And at some point u brought up properties at a smaller or larger resolution or dragged it somewhere and left it in a place now still within the resolution range of your system but way, way off the screen - where noone knows lol.

That or it is on autohide.

use command

DDCHPROP and anchor it in place using the little gearbox.  You can also turn off autohide.

Also check if your CUI is locked or unlocked.

My initial post was suggesting running the repair feature but after thinking about it more it makes sense it's something simpler.

-ChriS

Edited by ammobake

Video Card - NVIDIA Quadro TRX 3000

Tried DDCHPROP but screen just blinks and nothing appears.. Just like when I toggle Properties from the Tools pull down.. or select an object - right click and select Properties..

Opened the CUI but could not find out how to tell if it is locked or not..

Initial Post? - this is the only one I have from you on this thread..

Is there a way to get the CUI to load at factory settings?

You might try going into OPTIONS, and on the PROFILE tab select another Profile, if you have one.

That or click on your Workspaces dialog and try another workspace, very likely they will show up on one of them.

I guess if you absolutely had to you could run the repair feature and then test it.

Just changing the workspace setting might make it come up.  It's apparently working it's just not on your screen.  It could be on autohide?

-ChriS