Create custom Line type - upside

GISdude

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a custom line type for our in house folks. I'm trying to make a line type to look like so, "---2 SRV4" ---". For informations' sake, the 2 is the number of conduits, and the 4" is the diameter size of the proposed conduits. 

I've attached a screen shot of the resulting product - and it's upside down. I dunno why it would do that - other than operator error.

I attached the .lin file as well.

Thanks

Conduit Line Types.PNG

acad.lin

For inch use either %%34 or \U+0022

Change 

["4-S4'' ",Standard,s=0.1,r=0,x=-0.145,y=-0.05],-0.25

to

["4-S4%%34 ",Standard,s=0.1,r=0,x=-0.145,y=-0.05],-0.25

or

["4-S4\U+0022 ",Standard,s=0.1,r=0,x=-0.145,y=-0.05],-0.25

though I'd remove the space at the end of the text and adjust the x value.

It matters to AutoCAD in which direction a line is drawn, and in your picture the line with the upside-down writing has been drawn from right to left.

However don't despair, there are now ways of coping with it. In your linetype definition, you should include the factor U=0. This is the upright factor which was included since version 2011.

If you look at the complex linetypes with letters, supplied in your posted acad.lin  (Hot Water Supply and Gas Line) you will see the U factor has been added already.

Be warned that all text fonts are not the same sized characters, so when you make a text feature in a complex linetype, your x, y and s factors might need to be tweaked for different fonts.

• Like 2