Anyone running AutoCAD on a tablet?

Bob658

My Laptop has just passed away so I'm looking for a replacement. I was wondering if anyone had tried or is running AutoCAD on a Tablet. If so, which ones and has was your experience like?

• Like 1

Tablets were like 40 years ago, replaced by the Mouse. You can get multi button mouse, so more like tablet in that buttons can be pre programmed. The old tablet 11x11' etc are not ready available  but in saying that you can still buy a tablet. I tried out a small one like 9" square but went back to a mouse, it was real cheap and had a stylus only. USB interface is required maybe even bluetooth. I guess is there a reason to go to a tablet ?  With big screens cheap now, can have toolbars display option wanted. Even make your own toolbars with the commands you want right there.

Wouldn't this depend on the age and specs of the tablet and also the version of AutoCad ?

Earlier versions of AutoCad didn't require as much resources as it does now.

Re Dell, the only way is to get one and test, 8gb is a bit low so speed may be a problem. I7 would be desirable, can only say re Intel graphics did have some pc's at one stage did a Acad upgrade and had all sort of problems, we upgraded our pc's, that was a while ago expect Intel interface to be better now

Doubtful that Autodesk will say yes runs ok, the specs sound ok, but very minimum.

Where I worked they had the surface and ran Autocad with Dock station and large screen. My staff tried them out and they were slower than the pc's that they had, a lot older, a corporate move was to have all staff on surface pro so could take to meetings etc.