Blender Architecture

f700es

So I spend a few hours this morning trying to model a few elements in Blender. I wanted to use Blender's native modeling tools as much as possible. I did use a few add-ons for snapping and such but no special architectural tools. Getting there...

blender-arch.jpg

I'll be interested to see how this comes together, and what your thoughts are after using the program for a complete project. I've been looking at Blender quite a bit lately and not only is it a solid program but the plug-ins from the community are pretty great.

Are you going to take this into Twinmotion after you're done with the modeling?

• Like 1

I really want to succeed in Blender but I just have a way to go on learning it. Square-ish parts are pretty easy, I just need to work on irregular shapes more. This building has a curved patio and it is kicking my butt at the moment. No, I don't plan on taking this into TM as Blender has a pretty slick rendering system on it's own. Yes, it's plug-ins are going to let Blender keep growing, such a wonderful community. It's come leaps and bounds from where it started. Can't believe that it is free.

Point of order: It's hard for me to jump from SketchUp to something else when I can do this in about 30 minutes.
This is a design of my dining room that I want to add some wainscoting to. It's not finished but was enough for the wife to see.

Dining Room Design.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, it's pretty crazy that Blender is a free program. In my opinion, it definitely holds its own against the big expensive industry standard programs.

This may be of interest. I found this guy a couple weeks ago and I watched his Blender tutorials. He has a beginners tutorial where he covers a lot of the basics and then he has a full project based tutorial where he creates a flashbang grenade entirely in Blender, which is pretty impressive.

ChamferZone: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx6FRkGCUg3NXut5qGOdgYg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, f700es said:

Point of order: It's hard for me to jump from SketchUp to something else when I can do this in about 30 minutes.
This is a design of my dining room that I want to add some wainscoting to. It's not finished but was enough for the wife to see.

I'm doing the same thing. I drafted the floorplan for my house in Autocad and I plan on creating a model of it to test out different ideas I have for upgrading the inside and landscaping outside. It's pretty nice having the tools to do this kind of stuff. :)

• Like 1

Yes it is. As my example above I wanted to see if my existing crown molding would look OK with what we were wanting to do. I think it does and it also allows me to play with paint colors a bit to see what we like. It's an interior room so it needed to be a brighter color as not to be so dark.