Change entsel to ssget

GLORY

Hello everyone i have this code that im working for sometime...

(while (not (setq ent (car (entsel "\nSelect rectangle: ")))))

What i want is to change the selection option into ssget with layer filter, so that i would not pick the rectangle one by one and will do the same routine for every rectangle in the selection set.

Edited by GLORY

Hi,

Rectify the layer name "MyLayer" in the following codes to suit yours. 

(ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE") (8 . "MyLayer") (-4 . "<AND") (-4 . "&=") (70 . 1) (-4 . "AND>")))

• Like 1

What i did is...

(while (not (setq en (car (ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE") (8 . "DWG_SHEET") (-4 . "<AND") (-4 . "&=") (70 . 1) (-4 . "AND>")))))))

But the routine after that condition is not running, or should i specify the counter also?

Its not like that.

The codes that I posted allow the user to select as many as they want then you need after that to iterate the selection set and do your stuff at each entity object.

e.g:

(if (setq ss (ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE") (8 . "DWG_SHEET") (-4 . "<AND") (-4 . "&=") (70 . 1) (-4 . "AND>"))))
   (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
     (setq ent (ssname ss (setq i (1- i)))) ;; one entity which is eaual to single selection like, (car (entsel "\nSelect object :"))
     ;; do your stuff here ....
     )
   )

• Like 2

One more thing, i had this in mind to trim lines in specific layer automatically is possible, given say for example dwg_sheet layer as the trim boundary?

Yes that is possible and it depends on your requirements in this case since the required codes for this task would be much, so search the forum for your key word like trim , trimming ... or so.

Good luck.

If interpret correct  "dwg_sheet layer as the trim boundary" is this not what a layout and a viewport would do ?

Try Cookiecutter2.lsp or Extrim, Express option can be programmed to trim objects automatically.

Edited by BIGAL

On 3/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, Tharwat said:

Rectify the layer name "MyLayer" in the following codes to suit yours. 

(ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE") (8 . "MyLayer") (-4 . "<AND") (-4 . "&=") (70 . 1) (-4 . "AND>")))

For what it's worth, the (-4 . "<AND") (-4 . "AND>") logical operators are not actually required here, as the ssget filter list has an implicit AND logic.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, islasi said:

What is this for?

(-4 . "<AND") (-4 . "&=") (70 . 1) (-4 . "AND>"))

For a polyline, it will only select those that are closed. (More technically, selects the polyline whose "Closed" property is set to "Yes").

• Like 2

@islasi more info closer to the bottom of the page under "Logical Operators"

http://www.lee-mac.com/ssget.html

Here is a better example. This will select any polyline on Mylayer that is either color red or white.

(ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE") (8 . "MyLayer") (-4 . "<OR") (62 . 1) (62 . 7) (-4 . "OR>")))

So its like two ssget's in one

(ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE") (8 . "MyLayer") (62 . 1)))
(ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE") (8 . "MyLayer") (62 . 7)))

This isn't needed for dotted pairs with strings as you can search multiple criteria with a " , "

(ssget '((0 . "*POLYLINE,CIRCLE") (8 . "MyLayer1,MyLayer2,MyLayer3") (62 . 7)))

Select any polyline or circle that are on MyLayer1 - 3 that is color white

Edited by mhupp
  • Like 1

From the SSGET examples, I look at it that anything within a pair of brackets is OR, and different sets of brackets is AND for the selection:

Select

(Polyline OR Circle)

AND

(MyLayer1 OR MyLayer2 OR MyLayer3)

AND

((colour) 7)

I'll have to remember the polyline code 70, am sure it came up the other day in something I was doing.

7 hours ago, Steven P said:

From the SSGET examples, I look at it that anything within a pair of brackets is OR, and different sets of brackets is AND for the selection:

There are four logical operators: AND, OR, NOT, XOR. Like you said, anything not being enclosed (or the outermost part of any nested expressions which you call "brackets") is treated using the AND operator, and any others is just as how the expressions detail it. More details on this here.