Hi , 

I have a drawing (P&ID) with a lot of equipment in it - it seems like the drawing is not scale correctly so that some of the equipment seems to be very small when i'm printing it or saving as PDF.. 

I used Blocks for most of the equipment (Valves, pumps, etc). 

if i rescale the blocks - it damaging the whole drawing cause all the pipes(lines) are not connecting correctly to the block that i rescale.

is there any elegant solution to rescale some parts of the drawing while keeping in connected to all process lines?

Thanks,  

Nir

Post the drawing so someone can see any possible errors/solutions, and point out a few of the problem areas. Without seeing what if any problems there are it would just be a pointless guessing game at solutions that may be completely irrelavant.

Yes you can scale blocks and yes you can scale lines but you cannot scale a block, and half a line where the other end of the line needs to be at a different scale!!!!

P&ID's (Process Piping & Instrumentation Diagram) typically are not drawn to any scale.  Why?  Because they are merely a graphical representation of the process (ex. - sulfonation) showing the piping, equipment (ex. - tanks, pumps, heat exchangers, etc.) and the associated instrumentation.  Now if you were actually drawing an equipment layout in a building then that certainly would be drawn to scale.  Please post a sample drawing so we can see exactly what you are referring to.

If the blocks you are using have their insertion point located in the center of the block then you could use a custom lisp routine that scales to rescale them.

Edited by ReMark