Interlinking of Viewport Scales

DecPD

Hi All,

I'm currently setting myself a new drawing template up - I'm mainly doing 2D Planning Drawings and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to link viewport scales together.

Previously I'd have to plan where I'd want to lay everything out before adding X-Hatch or notes and would mean manipulating the model if I needed to respace different elevations or plan views. My new template is going to use 2 or 4 Viewports, but to idiot proof it I'd like to link the specific viewports on the sheet together so if one is changed, the others automatically adjust to the same scale.

I've tried doing a deep dive on google and other forums but come up with nothing - all I seem to get is linking a scale bar to adjust with the viewport, but the method employed wont work for this, but something I'm looking to implement (Once I've created our scale bar block for all pre-defined scales).

Hopefully that's enough detail for you to get the jist of what I'm trying to do. If you need anymore detail let me know.

One quick trick is to set one viewport how you want, then "matchprop" command to quickly set those same layer properties and viewport scale to other viewports as you see fit.  But I see what you are looking to do and that may not be enough.

There may be a LISP routine that could do this with a couple clicks but i'm not 100% sure.

-ChriS

• Like 1

By the time one of us writes the get all viewports current ctab and asks for scale the matchprop would probably be just as quick.

Turn on the Viewports toolbar you can set scale in the little number box. For metric its a dream.

@ammobake I use that one all the time, a good one to know.  :beer:

Should that option be used, the viewports to which Match Properties will be applied need to be unlocked in order for

Viewport Scaling to be applied.  If those viewportscales are LOCKED, then only the Layer Properties will be Matched.   ;)

11 hours ago, Dadgad said:

@ammobake I use that one all the time, a good one to know.  :beer:

Should that option be used, the viewports to which Match Properties will be applied need to be unlocked in order for

Viewport Scaling to be applied.  If those viewportscales are LOCKED, then only the Layer Properties will be Matched.   ;)

Yeah it's one of the commands I use pretty much daily.

The mechanics are indeed different between locked and unlocked.  But it's a great command for so many different things.

If you matchprop with source object a locked viewport it works ok.

Just not the other way around (because the VP can't be rescaled if its locked).

-ChriS

• Like 1

I know I hate it when viewport is not locked, zoom headaches, a quicky lisp that unlocks changes scale then locks again would be worthwhile, lets wait for DecPD are they locked ? Also metric or imperial scales.

; IAcadPViewport: IAcadPViewport Interface
; Property values:
;   Center = (397.414 301.03 0.0)
;   CustomScale = 1.69529
;   DisplayLocked = 0
;   Document (RO) = #<VLA-OBJECT IAcadDocument 0000026048b53938>
;   Layer = "Vport"
;   ModelView = nil
;   ObjectName (RO) = "AcDbViewport"

is locked

;   DisplayLocked = -1

Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1

Now that I think about it, I would probably use an Action Recorder Macro.

LAYISO select a viewport.

SELECTALL

On my QUICK PROPERTIES pallette I would UNLOCK them all.

Enter the New scale you want applied to all of them.

LOCK THEM ALL.

LAYUNISO

Zoom Extents

SAVE

I use the Action Recorder a lot, love it.