Windows 11

BIGAL

Just starting to get used to the never ending updates of Windows 10 and now we have Windows 11 coming.

Last time my windows changed was when I went for a coffee and the time out started installing Win 10. Will keep click not now for moment.

Had a very quick look Windows 11 support for Autocad and did not find anything. Any body else found anything ?

I would probably need a newer computer. Think I'll wait a while myself.

I got Windows 10 early on and ended up going back to Windows 7 for a while. Those big updates were really messing with some of my programs, etc.

• 2 months later...

@Wim This is an English language forum. Please make your comments in English. In the meantime, I believe a translation from the Dutch is something like:

"Use Windows 10 and Autocad 2020 and wonder if installing Windows 11 will be smooth and Autocad 2020 works?"

@WimIs asking if his AutoCAD 2020 which is currently running on Windows 10 will work without problems on the new Windows 11.

The answer is 'try it and see' AutoCAD 2020 was not designed to work with Windows 11 so there are no guarantees. No older software could possibly be developed with the built in ability to forsee changes within a newer OS. It is going to be down to the brave to take the chance and see if anything breaks or just behaves badly. So give it a go and let us know if you have problems 🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Following on I am sure Autodesk being as big as it is will have tested Win 11 Beta's but they have not released any comments yet, the dealer network will be advised. Its a case of not allowing a auto update.

• Like 1

I always delay updates for as long as I figure it should take for major beta bugs to be identified and remedied.

You can postpone auto updates for up to about a month at a time, which I prefer to having to click "Not now", every few hours,

ad nauseum, for weeks on end.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...