How to add quote of someone's previous post in my reply?

JerryFiedler

This seems like such a basic thing but I cannot figure out how to quote a previous comment.  I can see a "quote" button on the persons post but clicking it just turns the check mark on.  Okay so how do you actually get it into your reply?  Is there some four-finger key combination?  I did look through FAQ's but came up empty.  I did look at posts like "how to post" etc. but found nothing about the mysterious quote.  Using the quotation can be very helpful in making a reply since it will be obvious to readers just what you are talking about.  Please, how do I quote?

4 hours ago, JerryFiedler said:

This seems like such a basic thing but I cannot figure out how to quote a previous comment.  I can see a "quote" button on the persons post but clicking it just turns the check mark on.  Okay so how do you actually get it into your reply?  Is there some four-finger key combination?  I did look through FAQ's but came up empty.  I did look at posts like "how to post" etc. but found nothing about the mysterious quote.  Using the quotation can be very helpful in making a reply since it will be obvious to readers just what you are talking about.  Please, how do I quote?

Pick the word "Quote" next to the "plus" and you get it. (like I did here)

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I was clicking the button with the plus sign.  Now it makes sense why when you hover over the button it states "multiple ...".  The word " Quote" looks, to me, like it is a label for the plus button rather then being a button itself.